Hair loss and baldness are the two issues of concern amongst people of this generation. Caused by hereditary factors, medication, stress, depression, wrong hair treatments, harmful radiations, and hormonal changes, hair transplant surgeons have developed permanent solutions to all hair problems today.
A hair transplant is a scientific procedure where your donor area is used to transplant hair in the patches of baldness. This transplant is permanent and the hair would remain intact for the lifetime. Eventually, there would be growth in the treated area and you would even require a hair cut. A hair transplant is a safe procedure that requires zero maintenance and aftercare. The results are guaranteed and positive.
Regardless of its bright side, many keep delving in confusion regarding the choice of clinic, hair transplant surgery cost in India, choice of the doctor, choice of the treatment technique, etc.
To clear such types of confusion, let’s understand the crucial points about hair transplant services in India.
When do you require a hair transplant?
The following symptoms indicate that you need to visit a hair transplant surgeon now.
- Eventual reduction of hair near the areas of the forehead (common in both men and women)
- Loosening of hair or a massive hair loss (shedding off a handful of hair every time you move your fingers across)
- Formation of patches and scales of baldness all over the head
- Full-body hair loss
Visit the doctor as you notice any of the above symptoms that may be unusual, sudden, and different from a normal hair loss due to aging.
What are the basic techniques of a hair transplant?
FUT and FUE are the two standard procedures through which hair transplant is carried out. The points below will clarify the two procedures.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation): This technique is generally used in patients with larger patches where the hair from the back and side of the scalp are directly transferred to the bald patch of the head. In the procedure, the patient is given anesthesia and then a strip of tissue is extracted from the donor area. After extracting, the unit follicular is individually removed and carefully grafted in the recipient patch.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Excision): FUE is an advanced method where hair follicle from the donor area is carefully extracted and further with the aid of microsurgical needles, the recipient patch is punctured. Finally, with extreme care, the hair follicles are inserted into the punctures to give a natural hair growth look.
Considering the aspects of time, patient’s choice, post-surgery complications, and the healing time, FUE is the best type of hair transplant treatment performed with precision and care.
I hope that the above blog has given you valuable information that you need to know before planning a hair transplant surgery in India.