Preparing For Rhinoplasty
What is a Rhinoplasty Surgery?
A Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that includes reshaping the nose of the patient. Usually, patients who have asymmetrical nose shapes undergo rhinoplasty surgery. Rhinoplasty surgery improves your self-image and boosts your confidence.
There are several patients who also have medical complications like snoring during their sleep, infections in the nasal passage, septum problems, and sinus issues. Rhinoplasty surgery can be very beneficial for such patients. The Rhinoplasty surgery includes altering the patient’s nose along with the nostrils and the nasal tip from an unsymmetric and irregular shape to a better-looking and symmetric one.
Watch the related video
How To Prepare For Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is one of the surgical procedures in which you need to be prepared before you undergo the treatment. But what should you do to be prepared for the procedure?
Find out more by going through the tips given below.
- Make sure your hemoglobin and blood clotting levels are normal.
- Bring a companion with you who would drive you to the clinic and take good care of yourself. You can also prefer to stay in the clinic premises for a good recovery.
- Due to blockage of the nasal cavity for a few days which is a part of rhinoplasty recovery, you would mostly be breathing through your mouth. Make sure you have things available at home which prevent your mouth from dryness.
- Consume foods that have low amounts of sodium as it increases fluid retention levels and decreases swelling.
- Take a proper shower before the day of the surgery as you would not be able to take a shower for a few days after the rhinoplasty surgery.
- Avoid wearing any type of jewelry, especially on the nose, the surgeon would require you to remove it if you are wearing one.
- Prefer wearing a Shirt instead of a T-Shirt, which would not pull on your face while you are getting dressed.
- Have a proper restful sleep the night before your surgery.
The Diet Prescribed by the Plastic Surgeon Before the Rhinoplasty Surgery
According to your experts, you should not be eating any meal the night before the surgery. However, you can consume meals before dinner which can be stored in your body as reserved fuels. This can be used up by your body whenever you feel starved.
Usually, fibrous and protein-rich foods are recommended by plastic surgeons. Fibrous food like green vegetables and fruits improves your digestion rate plus it allows your stool to soften allowing you to freshen up properly before the surgery. Protein-rich foods like soybean, meat, beans, and eggs would help in speeding up the recovery process allowing the nasal passage to heal properly.
You need to follow a healthy diet regimen one or two weeks before rhinoplasty surgery. The healthier the diet routine you follow, the quicker you will be able to recover.
The Do’s and Don’ts in a Rhinoplasty Surgery
Following are a few do’s and don’ts that would help you in your recovery:
- Ask a relative or someone who could drive you back home after the surgery.
- A caretaker for the next 2 days should be there to ensure that you have assistance in any physical efforts required.
- Wash your face before the surgery thoroughly to wash away any type of bacteria.
- Take off from your office job for a week or two. You cannot attend your office unless the sutures and cast are removed.
- Perform your pending and future tasks before your surgery.
- Schedule your rhinoplasty at the best convenient time you can.
- Do not apply any makeup on the surgery day, nor apply anything on your hair. No sort of cosmetic product must be used, even lip balm.
- Do not consume alcohol before and after the surgery as it would dehydrate your body.
- Do not drink or consume food for at least 7-9 hours before your surgery.
- Do not undergo stress or anxiety, you need to trust your plastic surgeon and ask about any doubts you have in mind.
- Do not consume unprescribed medication like Ibuprofen which is an NSAID that can hamper your final results.
- Do not smoke, this could block the nasal cavity and hamper your blood flow.
- Do not work out, brisk walking and lifting light objects during household work are prescribed only.
Watch the related video
Why Divine Cosmetic Surgery Provides the Best Rhinoplasty Surgery?
If you are considering undergoing Rhinoplasty surgery, then you have reached the best place. Divine Cosmetic Surgery is headed by Dr. Amit Gupta who is fabulously talented and possesses experience of more than two decades. Dr. Amit Gupta has been awarded numerous titles and even teaches new surgeons about plastic surgeries because of his dedication to the field.
Along with the expertise of Rhinoplasty, other aesthetic treatments are provided by Divine Cosmetic Surgery which aims at providing the best quality living lifestyle. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us now to see how Divine Cosmetic Surgery can help you!
You will be undergoing Rhinoplasty, which is surgery on an important sense organ, the Nose. You need to be prepared before your nose surgery, which you can easily do if you follow the Do’s and Don’ts mentioned above. Following them would reduce any risks of complications.
If any queries regarding the nose job book a consultation with us today