A to Z on Labiaplasty
Why Women Decide to Get a Labiaplasty?
The reasons that someone opts for labiaplasty can be very different depending on the individual. Let’s try to understand why a woman tries to alter her natural appearance through labiaplasty.
There can be the following possible reasons:
- With dynamically increasing beauty standards the tendency to desire that perfect shape is increasing and sometimes some women get affected by it.
- Labiaplasty helps overcome certain medical problems as well, so this is also a reason women opt for labiaplasty.
- After the pregnancy, in some women, the vagina folds get enlarged, which can create many issues in daily mundane life. To get rid of them, vaginoplasty is an option.
- Tightened vaginal folds increase sexual sensitivity that degrades due to age or some other reasons. To resolve this issue, vaginoplasty is proven helpful.
- Protruding and enlarged vaginal folds also hinder physical activities like swimming, running, yoga, etc. So, vaginoplasty comes as a savior here.
What Labiaplasty Can Do/ Can’t Do
- Decrease the size of labia minora.
- Flushes labia minora with labia majora.
- Tightened vaginal lips.
- Can make your labia minora look a certain way.
- A complete reformation of vaginal lips.
- Getting rid of vaginal folds.
- Making any unexpected desired change.
- Curing all medical issues related to the vaginal area.
A labiaplasty is a surgical procedure done to reshape a woman’s labia minora—the inner “lips” of the vulva.
- Procedure done in local anesthesia/ GA
- For people who believe they have bigger inner lips
- Sexually complexed
- Difficulty in athletics
Advantages of Labiaplasty
- Improve the appearance of the vagina and vulva
- Improve self-confidence
- Reduce discomfort caused due to rubbing against the labia
- Reduce pain caused by large labia during sexual intercourse
- Improve sexual satisfaction
- Can be done along with designer vagina
Labiaplasty Surgery #1: The Edge Technique
This labiaplasty technique focuses on perfecting the edges of the outer and inner labia. It removes any dark or irregular edges and “trims” the labia so that they are smaller
Anesthesia -Local / General may be done
Duration – 1 hour
Labiaplasty Surgery #2: The Wedge Technique
This labiaplasty technique removes a “wedge” (aka a triangular portion) of the middle third of the inner labia and then reconnects the upper and lower labia. This technique reduces the length of the labia that stretches from the clitoral hood to the vagina and reduces discomfort.
What is done?
- local anesthesia injections in area of upper and lower lip ( 31 g needle to make it painless)
- incision along lid margin
- removal of upper lip skin.
- layered closure
- skin incision closure with 3.0 monocryl
- Stiches – dissolvable
- Recovery from anesthesia – GA – 15 minutes, LA – immediate
- Observation time – 1-2 hours
- Liquids / food starts – in 4 to 5 hours
- Cold compression is recommended immediately after for 2 days, every 1 hour
- 1st day – walking, bathing.
- Swelling can persist for 3 week
- No restriction on food or drinks, avoid smoking and alcohol for 3 days
- 7th day – travel, shopping, walking outside
- 21 day – – sexual activity, gym, sports
- Swelling reduces in 3 weeks
Body shape – final shape can take 3-6 weeks
- seromas – heal with cold compression
- bleeding – rare- can be controlled with exploration and drainage
- infection – rare- treat with open drainage
The Barbie Labiaplasty
- Total reduction of the labia minora (inner lips), allowing the labia majora (outer lips) to close together better.
- Minimalist and sleek look.
The Traditional Look
- The technique involves trimming the excess labia minora, but one centimetre is left intact. At this length, the labia minora is adequately protected by the outer lips so that frequent exposure and resulting irritation can be prevented. The result enhances the aesthetic of the genital area by making it look neater.
Types of Labiaplasty
Fat Injection Into Labia Major
As part of designer vagina, fat is injected into the lips of the labia majora to plump them up. They look more youthful and create tightness during sexual activity. Whether your labia are ageing or are wrinkly, we have a great solution. Get either hyaluronic acid as an office procedure or fat as a day care procedure. You have to trust us when we say plump labia look sexy