Precautions after Hymenoplasty Surgery
Are you wondering about the tips and precautions that you need to take for a quick recovery after a hymenoplasty? Have you just got a hymenoplasty done? If yes, then you are in the right place. Today, we at Divine Cosmetic Surgery will help you with some of the most important tips and precautions that you need to follow for a quick recovery after a hymenoplasty.
Precautions You Should Take after Hymen Repair Surgery
Hymenoplasty surgery is also known as hymen repair surgery. This is a cosmetic procedure that is done to restore or repair a ruptured or torn hymen. And if you have just got this surgery and you want to recover from it as quickly as possible, then there are some precautions that you should follow. These precautions are:
- There will be some antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, laxatives, and acetaminophen that are given to control pain. One should take the entire course of antibiotics. This should be done according to the directions of your cosmetic surgeon
- Avoid taking a shower for 1-2 days after getting the surgery. This is done to avoid getting an infection. However, one must clean her body by rubbing with a slightly wet cloth
- After two days of getting the surgery, you can take a shower. Clean the area of your perineum with soap and water. Do not put any cleaning product inside your vagina and avoid cleaning the inside of your vagina
- Avoid making much movement that might disrupt the healing of the wound. If necessary, take two to three days off work after the surgery
- One might observe some red-colored discharge from the vagina around 5-7 days after getting the surgery. To manage that condition, one should avoid using a tampon. Instead, rely on a sanitary napkin. If there is excessive vaginal bleeding or passage of blood clot, then contact your cosmetic surgery as soon as possible
- If you suffer from a high fever or swelling of the wound during the recovery, then contact your cosmetic surgeon as soon as possible
- Make it a habit to clean your perineal area after passing urine. This should be done by using a sanitary wipe for at least two weeks after the hymenoplasty surgery
- After passing the stool, you should clean using water. Do not forget to dry gently by using clean paper towels. This is done to avoid the presence of moisture around the area of the surgical wound so that the wound will heal faster
- Avoid the consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking for at least two weeks after getting the surgery
The Recovery after Hymen Repair Surgery
You are now aware of the precautions that you should take during the recovery after the hymenoplasty surgery. Let’s move on to talk about the recovery process. The first thing to note in this regard is that the recovery process will vary from one person to another.
However, usually, the recovery after hymen repair surgery is completed in four to six weeks. To ensure proper recovery, there are some recovery protocols that one should follow. These recovery protocols are:
- Avoid engaging in sexual intercourse for at least six weeks after surgery
- Avoid wearing tight underwear for at least two weeks after getting the surgery
- Avoid using tampons for at least six weeks after the surgery
- Rely on sanitary napkins
- No hospital stay is necessary as hymenoplasty is a daycare procedure
- One should avoid engaging in strenuous activities, lifting heavy objects, or inserting anything in the vagina
- There would be some discomfort during the first 48 to 72 hours of getting the hymenoplasty surgery. However, this is perfectly normal and it can be managed by relying on the pain medications which have been prescribed by your cosmetic surgeon
- There will be no visible signs of post-operative scars visible after 4-6 weeks of getting the hymenoplasty surgery
- Rely on the judgment of your cosmetic surgeon to identify when you can go back to taking a shower after the surgery. Do not take a shower unless and until you have the approval of your cosmetic surgeon
- Do not engage in any tiring activities for the first 1 to 2 days after the surgery
- Take proper rest and give your body the necessary time and space that it needs to heal and recover. Proper recovery during the early days will ensure that you are able to heal properly and resume your daily schedule
- Make sure that you are taking a healthy and nutrient-rich diet for a swift recovery
- Avoid the consumption of spicy, oily, or pickled food for a few days
- The chances of vaginal yeast infections are quite high due to the prolonged use of antibiotics, which is necessary after hymenoplasty surgery. This is why one should keep a closer look at the possible signs and symptoms of suffering from a vaginal yeast infection. Some of the symptoms that you should look out for are foul smelly vaginal discharge and itching. If you are suffering from a vaginal yeast infection, then your medication might be changed or other alternatives might be offered
- If you notice any bleeding, reddish-brown discharge, or any other abnormal vaginal discharge, then you should contact your cosmetic surgeon right away
At the end of the day, the most important point that would determine the success and recovery of hymenoplasty surgery is where you have got the surgery.
Contact Us at Divine Cosmetic Surgery!
We at Divine Cosmetic Surgery are always looking for all possible ways that we can help our patients. This is why we have experienced, skilled, and qualified cosmetic surgeons on our team. The entire team is led by Dr. Amit Gupta who has years of experience under his belt!
Dr. Amit Gupta and his team of medical experts are always working hard to make sure that all their patients are living the best quality of life. From the first interaction to the last, the team does everything in their power to make sure that their patients are always happy and satisfied with their lives.
Do you wish to be the same way too? If yes, then don’t hesitate any more and book your first free consultation at Divine Cosmetic Surgery right now!
Call us at 9811994417 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.