Asymmetrical Breast Surgery and Treatment Options in India
Asymmetrical breasts, also known as breast asymmetry, refer to a condition where the breasts are noticeably different in size, shape, or position. It is a common occurrence and can vary in severity from mild to more pronounced differences. But before we proceed ahead, do you have asymmetric breasts and you are unhappy about it?
If yes, you should consider getting treatment for uneven breast. Keep reading to learn more about these treatment options.
What Are Asymmetric Breasts?
Breast asymmetry, often known as asymmetric breasts, is a condition in which the breasts are clearly different in size, shape, or position. It is a common occurrence among women, with studies suggesting that nearly 80% of women have some degree of breast asymmetry. The asymmetry can vary from subtle differences to more noticeable variations.
Asymmetric breasts can present in several ways. Some of those ways are:
- One breast may be larger or smaller than the other
- The breasts may have different shapes, such as one being round while the other is more tubular or elongated
- The position of the nipples or areolas can also differ, with one being higher or lower than the other
These differences can occur during breast development in puberty or may become more apparent with hormonal changes, pregnancy, or breastfeeding.
While mild breast asymmetry is considered normal, significant differences in breast size or shape can cause emotional distress, self-consciousness, and body image issues for some individuals. It may also affect their clothing choices and overall confidence.
Treatment options for asymmetric breasts depend on the severity and individual goals. For example those seeking a more permanent solution, surgical interventions such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, or breast lift procedures may be considered. Further, these procedures aim to achieve a more balanced appearance and improve overall breast symmetry.
It is essential to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery to discuss the available options and determine the best course of action based on individual circumstances and desired outcomes.
What Are The Causes Of Asymmetric Breasts?
There are several reasons why one might suffer from asymmetric breasts. Here are some common factors that can contribute to asymmetric breasts:
- Developmental Factors: Breast development during puberty can be uneven, resulting in asymmetry. Some of the causes behind this include differences in growth rate, hormone levels, or tissue development can lead to one breast being larger, smaller, or differently shaped than the other.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal fluctuations throughout a woman’s life, such as during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. This can impact breast size and shape. These changes may affect each breast differently, contributing to asymmetry.
- Genetics: Genetic factors can influence breast size, shape, and symmetry. If a family member has asymmetrical breasts, there is a higher likelihood of inheriting this characteristic.
- Injury or Trauma: Physical trauma or injury to the breast can result in changes in breast tissue, leading to asymmetry.
- Tuberous Breast Deformity: Tuberous breasts, a congenital condition, can cause significant asymmetry. It is characterized by underdeveloped breast tissue, a more tubular shape, and variations in nipple and areola position.
- Breast Surgeries: It should be noted that getting breast surgeries in the past, such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, or breast reconstruction, can sometimes lead to asymmetry if the procedures are not performed with precision or if there is uneven healing.
- Weight Loss or Gain: Significant weight loss or gain can affect breast size and symmetry. Changes in body composition and fat distribution can result in unevenness between the breasts.
It is important to note that breast asymmetry is quite common, and in most cases, it is not a cause for concern. However, if the asymmetry is significant and causing emotional distress or physical discomfort, it is advisable to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon who can assess the situation, determine the underlying causes, and recommend appropriate treatment options
The Different Types of Treatment Methods For Breast Asymmetry
Treatment options for breast asymmetry depend on the underlying causes and the individual’s desired outcome. Some asymmetrical breast surgery or common treatment options that a plastic surgeon might recommend are:
- Breast Augmentation
One must remember that if one breast is smaller than the other, breast augmentation with implants can be performed to increase the size of the smaller breast and achieve symmetry.
- Breast Reduction
Patients should note that if one breast is significantly larger than the other, a breast reduction procedure can be performed to reduce the size of the larger breast and achieve a more balanced appearance.
- Breast Lift
If sagging or ptosis is contributing to breast asymmetry, a breast lift procedure can be performed to raise and reshape the breasts, improving symmetry.
- Combination Procedures
In some cases, a combination of breast augmentation, reduction, or lift procedures may be necessary to achieve optimal symmetry.
- Fat Transfer
In cases where there is a minor size difference, fat transfer can be performed to transfer fat from one area of the body to the smaller breast, creating a more balanced appearance.
Learn more about breast asymmetry by watching this video from Dr. Amit Gupta.
- Nipple or Areola Adjustment
If the asymmetry is primarily related to the position or size of the nipples or areolas, surgical procedures can be performed to adjust their placement or size.
Seek Breast Asymmetry Treatment At Divine Cosmetic Surgery For Amazing Results
Divine Cosmetic Surgery is India’s most trusted plastic surgery center. This is not surprising given the fact that Dr. Amit Gupta is one of the most renowned plastic surgeons in India. He has 20+ years of experience within the field and is known for providing international standard plastic surgery treatments in India.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Amit Gupta to learn more about how he can help you get amazing breast asymmetry treatment results.