Gynecomastia is a condition that causes boys’ and men’s breasts to swell and become larger than normal. It can affect males of any age and is caused by additional gland and fat tissue. In most cases, the problem is resolved with time but in many cases, patients may require surgery to get rid of gynecomastia. The visible symptoms of gynecomastia involve swollen breast tissues, while pain and tenderness in the breast, may or not be there.
A man or boy with gynecomastia may find it embarrassing and may feel self-conscious. Man with gynecomastia usually avoids social gatherings or other fun activities. This may result in a low quality of life and can make it difficult for a person to feel good about himself.
Treatment options for Gynecomastia:
- Generally, the problem is resolved without any treatment the only option is surgery to correct gynecomastia
- There are many people who suggest medication as the cure of gynecomastia, however, there is no evidence that supports the use of medication for the treatment of this problem.
- Treatment of gynecomastia is rare and this is why most people opt for gynecomastia surgery as it offers a safe solution.
What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery is the process of removing excess fatty tissue and is performed on an outpatient basis using general or local anesthesia. The patient needs to stay in the clinic for about 3-4 hours and the surgery usually takes 45 to 60 minutes.
Who is the best candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
- Healthy adult men who have enlarged breasts is the best candidate for gynecomastia surgery.
- If you have enlarged breast and it causes embarrassment, shame, and self-esteem issues then you can also go for the surgery
What is Gynecomastia surgery cost in India?
The gynecomastia surgery cost in India varies from clinic to clinic. Usually, the cost ranges from 65,000-95,000 depending on the amount of fat to be removed, sculpting needed, the technology used, the experience of the surgeon, and other additional expenses.
Things to keep in mind before opting for gynecomastia surgery are:
- Before going for surgery figure out which procedure would be best for you
- You need to quit smoking before the surgery
- In order to maintain results, patients are required to avoid any medications or substances that could trigger breast re-growth
- It is important to keep your weight stable following surgery
- Apart from that, always choose a board-certified surgeon to get your surgery done
There are many plastic surgeons in India who claim to be the best surgeon but not all of them stand true to their claims. Therefore, you should choose the one who has the best ratings, a brilliant track record, high success rate, who is board-certified and has a wealth of experience in performing the surgery.
If you want to opt for gynecomastia surgery then Dr. Amit Gupta of Divine Cosmetic Surgery is the best surgeon for your surgery. He is a Senior Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon who has a proven track record in performing procedures such as hair transplant, body contouring, breast enlargement, breast reduction, facelift, nose procedure, face rejuvenation, etc. His clinic is among one of the best clinics in India that offers value to all its patients and help them live a happy and honourable life.