What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a type of fat removal surgery that uses a suction technique to remove fat from different areas of the body. One can get this procedure done on the thighs, hips, abdomen, arms, neck, and buttocks.
Liposuction fat removal surgery can help in giving shape and proper contours to different areas of the body. This surgical procedure is also known as body contouring and lipoplasty. One should not consider liposuction as an alternative to weight loss if one is overweight. Instead, one is more likely to lose weight through gastric bypass surgery or bariatric procedures.
If an individual wants to get this procedure done at a liposuction clinic in Delhi, then he or she needs to first check whether he or she is the right candidate for it. If you are the right candidate, then you can learn more about the procedure and the liposuction surgery cost.
Why is Liposuction Done?
Beyond knowing the answer to what is liposuction, it is also important to know how liposuction near me is performed. This knowledge will also help one get a clearer idea in regards to the cost of liposuction in India.
- Liposuction can help in removing stubborn fat that just won’t respond to any diet or exercise. This fat can be present on the upper arms, abdomen, buttocks, chest, back, chin, ankles, calves, thigh, and neck
- Liposuction procedure can also be used in case of breast reduction or for treating gynecomastia. This would have a direct effect on the cost of liposuction in India
- Liposuction further works by reducing the number of fat cells present in a particular location
- The amount of fat that gets removed also depends on several factors, including the volume of fat and the appearance of the area
- It is great news that in most cases, the results of liposuction can be permanent. This is why one can be tempted to skip off and search ‘liposuction near me.’ However, it should be noted that these results are permanent only when one follows a healthy lifestyle, proper diet, and exercise regime
- This mainly happens because after liposuction is performed, the skin would mold itself to the new contours of the treated areas. The skin would appear smoother if one has a good skin tone and elasticity
- On the other hand, if one has skin with poor elasticity, then the skin might appear loose even after the procedure
- Liposuction does not improve cellulite dimpling or other irregularities on the surface of the skin
- Similarly, liposuction is not a treatment method for stretch marks
- Further, a good candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good health and does not suffer from any disease that would create complications during the surgery. Some of those diseases are restricted blood flow, diabetes, weak immune system, and coronary artery disease
What are the Potential Risks of Liposuction Near Me?
The first thing that you need to know is that liposuction is a completely safe and secure procedure. However, it is still a type of major surgery and carries a few risks associated with it. For example, bleeding and a possible reaction to anesthesia. Some other risks related to liposuction are:
- Irregularities in Contour: It is possible that your skin might appear wavy, withered, or bumpy due to uneven fat removal, poor skin elasticity, or unusual healing. These changes can even be permanent. This is why it is important for individuals to follow the instructions of the doctor properly
- Accumulation of Fluid: Temporary pockets of fluid, which are also known as seromas, can also form under the skin. These pockets should be drained with the help of a needle
- Experiencing Numbness: It is possible that one might feel temporary or permanent numbness in the affected area. It could be caused due to nerve irritation and usually goes away on its own
- Infection: Even though skin infections are rare, it is still possible. Some skin infections can also be life-threatening
- Internal Puncture: In a rare situation, a cannula might penetrate the body too deeply. This can cause a puncture in an internal organ and would require urgent surgical repair
- Heart and Kidney Problems: The shifts in fluids levels in the body can in some rare cases be the potential cause for a kidney, lung, or heart problem
Usually, the risk of these complications can increase when one is getting liposuction done on a larger area of his or her body. This is why one must only approach and look for the best doctor who provides the highest quality liposuction near me.
How Can I Prepare for Liposuction?
There are several steps that one can take to prepare for liposuction. We have created a list of those steps and that list is mentioned below.
- Have an open and honest discussion with the medical expert regarding what to expect from the surgery
- Provide the surgeon with your detailed medical history
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, then disclose that information to your surgeon
- Mention any medications, herbs, or supplements that you might be taking during your initial consultation with the medical expert
- Do not consume medications like blood thinners or NSAIDs for at least three weeks before the surgery
- Get the lab tests asked by your surgeon
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the liposuction. This is a good idea irrespective of whether you are getting a small or large amount of fat removed
What Can I Expect?
On the day of the procedure, the surgeon would start my marketing lines and circles on the areas of the body that have to be treated. Photos might also be taken to compare any before and after changes.
There are also different techniques through which liposuction can be performed. The next steps would depend on what technique the medical practitioner is using during the procedure. Some of those techniques are mentioned below.
- Tumescent Liposuction:
This is one of the most common techniques for liposuction. In this technique, a sterile solution, which is a mixture of saltwater, an anesthetic, and a drug, is injected into the area that has to be treated. The fluid mixture would cause the affected area to swell and become stiff
After that, the medical expert would make small cuts in the area and insert a thin tube, which is also known as a cannula, under the skin. The device is connected to a vacuum which would suck the fat and fluids from the body. The body can be replenished by using an intravenous (IV) line.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL):
This type of liposuction is used in combination with the traditional liposuction technique. During this method, the surgeon starts by inserting a metal rod under the skin of the patient. This metal rod emits ultrasound energy that would rupture the walls of the fat cells. This way the fat cells are easier to remove. A new generation of UAL is also known as VASER-assisted liposuction that reduces the chances of skin injury and is known to provide better results.
- Laser-Assisted Liposuction (LAL):
In this technique, high-intensity laser light is used to break down the fat and make it easier for removal. During the process, the surgeon inserts a laser fiber through a small incision made in the skin. After that, fat is removed through a cannula
- Power-Assisted Liposuction:
In this technique, a cannula is used that moves in a rapid back-and-forth manner. The vibration allows the surgeon to bring out more tough fat. This technique is also known to cause less swelling and pain. Through this technique, the surgeon can remove fat with more precision. This technique is ideal in cases where one wants to get rid of a large amount of fat or if someone has gone under liposuction before
Apart from the choice in technique, the surgeon can also choose to either provide local or regional anesthesia to the patient. This would depend on one’s medical history and the exact technique chosen for liposuction.
During the Procedure
- The surgical team will also monitor the vitals including the heart rate, blood pressure, and blood oxygen level
- The procedure can last up to several hours depending on the amount of fat that has to be removed.
- If one was under general anesthesia, then he or she would wake up in a recovery room
- One might have to spend a few hours in the hospital or clinic to ensure that the patient is on the right track to recovery.
After the Procedure
- It is common to experience some pain, bruising, or swelling after liposuction. This is why the medical expert might prescribe some pain medications and antibiotics to combat these problems
- The incisions will also be left open and temporary drains would be placed there. This promotes fluid drainage
- One should wear tight compression garments for a few weeks after the surgery to reduce the swelling
- It is also advised that one should rest for a few days before returning to work
- A few weeks should be given to the body to heal before resuming normal activities.
After getting liposuction, the swelling will subside within a few weeks. During this time, the treated area would look less bulky and after some months the treated area will have a leaner appearance.
It is also natural for the skin to lose some firmness due to aging. However, the results of liposuction will still last if one maintains his or her weight. If one gains weight after liposuction, then the fat distribution would change. Hence, it is important to follow a healthy diet and exercise routine.
Liposuction is a great procedure that can solve a lot of your problems. However, you must still remember that it is still a surgical procedure. This is why one must only consult the best medical experts in the field to get this procedure done. But what if you don’t know who to approach?
In that case, we have got you covered. We at Divine Cosmetic Surgery work under the guidance and expertise of Dr. Amit Gupta. He is the founder and director of Divine Cosmetic Surgery and has been providing his excellent services for years!
Why Should I Choose Divine Cosmetic Surgery?
We at Divine Cosmetic Surgery use the best that technology has to offer when it comes to treating our patients. We provide our customers with several aesthetic procedures, including hair transplant, endoscopic markless nose procedures, breast augmentation, VASER, face rejuvenation, and body contouring.
Currently, we are located in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Mumbai. Dr. Amit Gupta has also personally made it his mission to help patients all across the globe. This is why Dr. Amit Gupta does not just provide aesthetic procedures to his patients but also trains other cosmetic surgeons in the technique of aesthetic surgeries.
At Divine Cosmetic Surgery, we pride ourselves on being the most trusted aesthetic clinic in India. We have years of experience and a great team of medical experts who are always working hard to provide our patients with the best experience.
Contact us today to see how we can help you achieve your dreams! Also, feel free to check out a video of Dr. Amit Gupta performing and giving his excellent insights into how liposuction and 4D contouring are done in the video below.
For more details about Vaser liposuction in Delhi call us at (+91) 98119 94417
Read more ..