Gynecomastia is an enlargement of the male breast with firm tissue as a result of an imbalance in the hormones of the body. It is a common problem among men at various stages of development and it may be both painful or painless. It is the benign proliferation of breast ducts and duct epithelial hyperplasia accompanied by varying amounts of inflammation, oedema, stroma, and fibrosis. Hormonal imbalance, malnutrition, several medications, diseases, and conditions are some of the major reasons behind gynecomastia. Apart from that, it is also associated with conditions and treatments for obesity, low testosterone, cirrhosis, and hyperthyroidism.
Excess localized fat, excess skin on the breasts and excess development of glandular tissue are some of the major symptoms that can be seen in men affected with gynecomastia. It can be diagnosed by a physical examination and in some cases the doctor may order tests, such as blood tests or imaging studies, to help establish the reason for gynecomastia.
However, it is not a serious issue until you feel embarrassment and pain in your breasts. In some cases, the weight of excess breast tissue may cause the breasts to sag and stretch the areola. In such severe cases, the position and size of the areola can also be improved, and excess skin may be removed by surgery. Gynecomastia can’t be prevented if it is caused due to the hormonal fluctuations that occur during growth or aging.
In many cases, gynecomastia resolve over time without treatment. However, if it persists for a longer period then it may require surgical treatment. Reasons why medicines can’t treat gynecomastia:
1. Many doctors may recommend Tamoxifen (Soltamox), and Aromatase inhibitors, such as anastrozole (Arimidex) for the treatment of gynecomastia however there are no proven records of their effectiveness.
2. Additionally, treatments for gynecomastia have not been extensively studied, so there is little data showing their effectiveness.
3. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any medication for the treatment of gynecomastia yet. Therefore, we can say that gynecomastia surgery is one of the best options to get rid of enlarged breasts.
4. Taking excess of medicines may have side-effects on the body and they can not guarantee the reduction of the excess fat deposited on the breasts.
5. Both allopathic and homeopathic treatments are ineffective when it comes to the removal of the enlarged breasts.
Gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction is the surgical procedure to get rid of overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men. Both liposuction and mastectomy can be used to remove the excess fat from the breast area. In liposuction, the excess fat is removed from the breasts while mastectomy is used to remove breast gland tissue. This surgery is often done using only small incisions thus involving less recovery time.
A person getting prepared for the surgery should avoid medicines that increase the risk of bleeding, should avoid smoking and increase the nutritional value in his diet to support healing and recovery after surgery. This surgery can be performed under general anesthesia, but it is also well-suited to being performed under local anesthesia.
If you are looking for the best plastic surgeon in the country to get rid of enlarged breasts then you can visit https://www.divinecosmeticsurgery.com/. Divine Cosmetic Surgery. is one of the best clinics that has helped a number of patients to lead a happy and healthy life. If you feel embarrassed about your enlarged breasts, you can speak to one of our consultants to know more about the procedure. The surgeries they perform are not only safe but are very cost-effective.
To know more about gynecomastia subscribe to our YouTube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3zTp4B1G61DOs7F4ZkjHCw where Dr. Amit Gupta personally provide guidance on many surgical procedures.