Gynecomastia is a condition in which a male develops female-like breasts. It is a common problem among men that makes them feel embarrassed about their bodies. In most cases, gynecomastia does not cause any problem but sometimes it is very painful and requires treatment. Gynecomastia can be classified into two categories:
- True gynecomastia- Here the major component is enlarged glandular tissues and
- Pseudogynecomastia- Here breast enlargement occurs due to the deposition of fat in the breast area.
Having enlarged breasts not only inhibits a man’s ability to wear certain clothing but it also restricts them from participating in activities like going to the beach or working out at the gym. Therefore, it becomes crucial for them to remove the excess fat from their breasts so that they can enjoy a normal life like others.
If you have decided to undergo surgery, then there are certain things you need to keep in mind before having a gynecomastia surgery:
1. Before going for the gynecomastia surgery you need to know whether you require surgical treatment or not. The condition can be diagnosed by physical examination and if you still have some doubt then you can go for blood tests, or imaging studies, that will help your doctor or physician establish the reason for gynecomastia.
2. Another tip to prepare for gynecomastia surgery is to figure out which procedure is best for you. Always choose a board-certified plastic surgeon so that you don’t end up regretting your decision of surgery. If a person has enlarged breasts due to the loose skin around the areolar then he should go for areolar reduction surgery. Liposuction can be the best option for patients with excess fat in the breast area. However, most gynecomastia patients have excess fat and/or an overabundance of breast tissue, such patients should go for mastectomy.
Also Read More – How to Know if You Have Gynecomastia
3. Third, choose a board-certified surgeon to get your surgery done. Choosing the right surgeon will help you make an informed decision. There are many surgeons who will tell you to go for surgery even if you don’t need to. A certified surgeon will not only help you make a sound decision but will also guide you throughout your surgery. Dr. Amit Gupta of Divine Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best plastic surgeons of India who offer the best advice to his patients regarding different types of surgeries. He is the best because he is
- A Board-certified Surgeon
- Has a wealth of experience treating gynecomastia
- Has a successful record in performing surgeries.
- Has complete knowledge about gynecomastia
4. Fourth, before undergoing a gynecomastia surgery a patient should overhaul his diet and exercise regime. You should avoid taking medications and smoking to get yourself prepared for the gynecomastia surgery. You need to increase your intake of fruits and vegetables, limit the amount of sugar in your diet, and commit to regular exercising for a hassle-free surgery. It will benefit your overall health and this will help your body to recover at a fast pace.
5. The fifth tip to get prepared for the surgery is that you should be aware of the recovery time after the surgery. Taking rest after the surgery is very important as it will help you heal and recover soon. Your body can start recovering after 24-48 hours of the surgery. There might be some bruises or swelling in the first 24 hours but it will go away with time. You can get back to your normal routine after 2-3 days of the surgery and you can start exercising after a week of the surgery.
If you are also one among those who feel embarrassed about their enlarged breasts then you can book your appointment with Dr. Amit Gupta of Divine Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd. for male breast reduction surgery. This clinic offers the best and cost-effective surgical treatments for a large number of issues related to hair fall, enlarged breasts, and stomach, etc.