Most women believe that having well-shaped breasts enables them to feel more positive and confident. Breast implant surgery is a way to boost your morale and thus enable you to be self-confident enough. For some women, it could be a reason to give their breasts a better look while others want to have breast implant surgery after undergoing some medical condition.
But irrespective of your reasons for getting breast implant surgery, you should also consider the possible risks, complications, illnesses, and what type of follow-up care is required after undergoing a breast implant surgery.
Learn about possible complications and illnesses after breast implants in this blog.
What is Breast Implant Surgery?
Breast implant surgery involves the insertion of an implant to increase the size of the breast and give it a better shape. The implant is placed under the tissues of the breast depending upon the patient’s body.
Breast implant surgery can help in rebuilding the breasts of the patient after suffering from various conditions. Irrespective of what the reason is for you, the fact remains that breast implant surgery can help you live a better life.
When Should You Go For Breast Implant Surgery?
Along with the breast implant surgery cost in Delhi, you must also know the benefits of the breast implant, which are:
- Enhance your appearance if your breasts are asymmetrical in appearance
- Rebuild your breasts after going through breastfeeding and pregnancy
- Get rid of uneven breasts
- Improve your self-confidence
- Say goodbye to saggy breasts by getting a breast implant along with a breast lift
If you want your breasts to look fuller or have aesthetic breasts, then you should consider getting a breast lift along with the implant surgery done.
What Are the Complications and Illnesses After Breast Implants?
Some possible breast complications and illnesses that can occur after a breast implant are:
- Intense Pain – One of the most common complications seen is the pain within the breast region when the recovery period is not taken properly care of. One might feel intense pain in the nipple or a throbbing sensation in the breast.
- Breastfeeding and outcomes on children – Breastfeeding is a natural process in a woman’s life. However, breast augmentation surgery can affect your breastfeeding capabilities when you opt to remove your breast tissue and glands that produce milk. There have been studies that conclude that there are damaging effects on children born to mothers who have had breast implant surgeries without proper expertise.
- Deflations and Ruptures – Deflations only occur in saline-filled implants as they can be leaked. Plastic surgeons usually do not recommend alterations in the implants which include injecting syringes, stacking, placing drugs, and closed capsulotomy.
A Rupture means a tear occurring in the outer shell of the breast implant. There are some possible causes of the ruptures that include damage due to surgical tools, physical stress, compression during a mammogram, and capsular contracture. Normal aging of the implant can also be a reason for its rupture.
- Capsular Contracture – A capsular contracture means hardening of the breast region around the implant that can occur in the breast tissues surrounding the implants which can be painful. There are four grades of capsular contracture which are also called Baker grades. The first two grades are not much painful but the third and fourth-grade capsular contracture requires it to be reoperated.
- Breast-Related Illnesses – There are illnesses and some rare cases that exist like Breast Implant Associated – Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) which happens to be cancer in the immune system. Other related illnesses may include memory loss, rashes, joint pain, and fatigue which may occur in later stages.
Watch the related video What is Breast Implant Illness (BII)?
Important Factors to Ensure To Reduce Risk of Possible Complications and Illnesses
Important factors that you should consider to ensure that your risk of these possible complications and breast illnesses is as reduced as possible are:
- Cost of Surgery – Patients should never fall for the lowest prices available in the market schtick. This is because such surgeries compromise the health of the patient. There is a difference in the cost of surgery between a new surgeon and an experienced plastic surgeon. One should always keep this point in mind.
- Experience of the Plastic Surgeon – Choosing an inexperienced surgeon may cause some issues with pain, choice of implant, technique, and incisions. It should be noted that the patient should always get breast implant surgery from an experienced plastic surgeon. The patient should never take a chance by going to a general surgeon.
- The Quality Of the Implants – The implants that the patient is planning to use must have good quality and good durability. Patients should always know that these implants would support them throughout their life.
- Lack of Follow-Up – If you’re not going for follow-up visits to your doctors, then you are making another big mistake. Every good doctor prescribes a follow-up visit which needs to be done.
Divine Cosmetic Surgery – The Best Cosmetic Surgery Clinic in India
We at Divine Cosmetic Surgery pride ourselves on being the best cosmetic surgery clinic in India. Dr. Amit Gupta and his entire team of medical experts possess decades of experience and are always ready to go the extra mile for all their patients. With exceptional skills, and impressive educational background, Dr. Amit Gupta and his team have been able to provide 100% breast surgery results to all his patients!
Dr. Amit Gupta is on the quest to establish Divine Cosmetic Surgery as India’s most trusted cosmetic surgery clinic. So, don’t miss your chance of experiencing world-class medical services. And contact us today to book your first free consultation!
Breast implant surgery is a fantastic way to boost your confidence and relive your life to the max. Breast implants can last for a lifetime if proper post-recovery and care have been taken. Start your journey by consulting only the best cosmetic surgeon in India.
Read related article