A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure that is also known as abdominoplasty. This cosmetic surgical procedure can help in flattening the abdomen of an individual. This is done by removing loose skin, getting rid of excess fat, and tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall.
A tummy tuck, if done by an expert surgeon, can even help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks on the lower abdomen. This is why if you want to get a tummy tuck done, then you should only take the help of the best tummy tuck surgeon.
A tummy tuck surgery is very common in men and women who have experienced a massive weight loss. This could be due to a pregnancy or conditions where a flabby abdomen with weak muscles in the body will impair the contours of the body.
There are many benefits of getting a tummy tuck. But the biggest advantage is the fact that most patients report an improvement in their self-esteem and confidence after getting the tummy tuck surgery.
When Should I Get a Tummy Tuck?
There are many possible causes in which getting a tummy tuck can help solve your problems. Let’s look at all the major moments when you should get a tummy tuck.
- If you have got an abdominal flab, stretch marks, or excess skin in your abdomen. These extra muscles and skin are very stubborn and no diet or exercise has had any effect
- The shape of your abdomen has been affected due to a pregnancy
- The shape of your abdomen has been affected due to massive weight loss
- You feel unattractive when you notice your protruding abdomen
- You are very self-conscious of your stomach contours and want to get better stomach contours
If you have experienced any of these scenarios, then you should get a tummy tuck done. But before that, you should also be familiar with the pros and cons of getting tummy tuck surgery.
The Pros and Cons of a Tummy Tuck Surgery
Let’s look at the list of pros first, which is given below.
- The tummy tuck surgery will help restore a flat tummy that you desire
- You will look better in clothes and swimwear
- You will have a more youthful and beautiful body
And as for the cons, there is not exactly a list. However, most patients will have a scar located in the bikini area. This scar can be very prominent or very faded depending on the skill and technique of your surgeon. This is why you should get a tummy tuck done by only the best cosmetic surgeon in Delhi.
How to be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
You are sure that you want to get tummy tuck surgery. However, what you are not sure about is whether you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck or not. In that case, we are here to help you out.
Go through the list given below to judge whether you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck or not. And even if you are not, then adopt these habits now to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck surgery.
- You should not smoke
Smoking is known for slowing down the healing process. It further increases the risk of serious complications during and after the surgery. This is why you either shouldn’t smoke or you should stop smoking at least six weeks before tummy tuck surgery.
- You have a stable weight
Before getting a tummy tuck you should also maintain a stable weight. The best candidates for tummy tuck surgery are people who are slender and have extra fat or loose skin in the lower tummy area. If you are obese, then a tummy tuck procedure is not the right option for you.
- You are physically healthy
An individual who wants to get a tummy tuck done should be physically healthy. That individual should be in relatively good physical shape to tolerate the procedure and get good results.
- You are finished having children
Apart from this, a tummy tuck is also recommended for women who have finished having children. This is because the abdominal muscles are repaired during a tummy tuck. These muscles will again get separated during any future pregnancies.
Also read –
It is also recommended that individuals should go with a positive attitude and realistic expectations when they are planning to get a tummy tuck surgery done.
How is Tummy Tuck Surgery Done?
By now, you must be very familiar with what a tummy tuck surgery is and how to judge if someone is a good candidate for the same or not. However, the one thing that we haven’t discussed till now is how a tummy tuck surgery is done. We will explore the answer to that question now.
The main goal of a tummy tuck procedure is to remove the loose abdominal skin and tighten the abdominal muscles with sutures. To achieve this aim, the surgeon will perform the following steps.
- The abdomen of the patient will be marked to indicate the location of the incisions, the center of the torso, and the location of the repositioned navel
- A local anesthetic, like the solution of lidocaine, and epinephrine, which is a vasoconstrictor that would control bleeding by constricting blood vessels, will be injected into the patient
- The main tummy tuck incision will be made above the pubic mound from one hip bone to the other hip bone. In case of a full abdominoplasty, another incision is made around the navel. Further, in a mini tummy tuck, the surgeon will create a shorter incision
- After that, the surgeon will loosen the skin from the abdominal wall to the ribcage. The sutures will be put into place in the fascia of the abdominal muscles. This is done to pull the muscles in a tighter position. It should be noted that this is also the muscle repair portion of the surgery
- After suturing the abdominal muscles, the surgeon will remove the excess fat through liposuction or some other method. The abdominal skin is stretched down over the incision line and the excess skin is also removed
- The surgeon will proceed to mark the placement of the navel. It should be noted that even though the skin around the navel has been moved, the navel should always stay at the same place. This is why the surgeon will cut a hole through the redraped skin and suture it around the navel
- To close the incision, the surgeon will use tissue glue, sutures, staples, and steri-strips
- While performing a full abdominoplasty, the surgeon will insert one or more drains to prevent any type of fluid buildup as it can cause pressure on the incision
All of these steps are performed to make sure that the patient is able to get the best results. A good plastic surgeon will also put a lot of focus on the surgical experience of the patient. The surgical experience of the patient should be as easy and comfortable as possible.
The Different Tummy Tuck Methods and Incisions
Depending on your condition and the required final results, the medical expert might recommend a full abdominoplasty, mini-abdominoplasty, or an extended lateral tension abdominoplasty. Irrespective of the method that is used to perform the abdominoplasty, you should remember to trust your cosmetic surgeon as he or she will make the best possible decision for you in this regard.
Apart from this, you should also know that after getting a tummy tuck surgery done, there would be scars that you might be able to see. The scar can be long or short depending on the type of method that was used to perform the tummy tuck.
However, irrespective of the method, you should also remember that the skills, experience, and expertise of a plastic surgeon play a very important role here. This means that cosmetic surgeons who are more experienced, more skilled, and highly qualified are likely to perform tummy tuck procedures with minimal or almost invisible scarring.
Contact Divine Cosmetic Surgery to Get a Tummy Tuck Done!
If you are worried about your flabby stomach, excess skin, extra muscle, or scarring, then you can leave all of these worries out the window when you contact the medical experts at Divine Cosmetic Surgery. At Divine Cosmetic Surgery, we go above and beyond to make sure that all our patients receive the best results from their tummy tuck surgery.
Also, read more – Post COVID – 19 Hair Loss Treatment
Because of this, Divine Cosmetic Surgery is India’s most trusted cosmetic surgery clinic. The entire clinic works under the expert guidance of Dr. Amit Gupta, who has decades of experience in providing high-quality tummy tuck procedures to his patients.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact the expert medical team at Divine Cosmetic Surgery and say goodbye to your flabby stomach!