Fats are one of the major macronutrients, along with carbohydrates and proteins, that are utilized by the human body as fuel. After the consumption of fatty foods, the fat ingested by us is stored as triacylglycerols also known as TAGs, that act as fuel reserves in our body which can be tapped into in case our body needs extra energy. Often due to inactivity, these fuel reserves tend to grow excessively large, which results in a person getting a bloated appearance.
These excessive reserves of fat can become the root cause of several major problems for our patients. The accumulated fat can not only result in a bloated appearance, which often people don’t find to be all that pleasing, but it can also cause some severe health problems. A lot of people, who face such problems because of their excess body weight, tend to opt for a liposuction procedure. A Liposuction is a medical procedure in which fat is broken down and extracted from the body in order to help the patient achieve a better-looking and healthier physique. Let’s learn more about this procedure today.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a type of fat removal surgery that uses a suction technique to remove fat from different areas of the body. One can get this procedure done on their thighs, hips, abdomen, arms, neck, and buttocks.
A Liposuction fat removal surgery is often known as a body contouring procedure as it not only helps you in achieving a better body shape but also provides perfect contours to different parts of your body. It should be noted that liposuction must not be mistaken as an alternative to weight loss, especially if the individual is extremely overweight.
The Key Characteristics of a Good Candidate for Liposuction Surgery
As mentioned above, the liposuction procedure is a fat removal treatment that is suitable for various regions of the patient’s body. But these are the following categories that would make a person the perfect candidate for a liposuction surgery –
- The stubborn fat gets aggregated over a particular region and does not respond to any kind of exercise or diet. These regions can be present on the upper arms, abdomen, buttocks, chest, back, chin, ankles, calves, thigh, and neck.
- The person wants to reduce fat present in particular areas of the body
- The individual is not happy with the volume of fat and the appearance of different areas
- A good candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good health and does not suffer from any disease that would create complications during the surgery. Some of those diseases are restricted blood flow, diabetes, weak immune system, and coronary artery disease
What Are The Different Liposuction Procedures Available?
Liposuction is an incredible procedure that can help get rid of the extra fat from the patient’s body. Depending on the location of the treated area and the technology used, this procedure can be performed using different techniques :
- Vaser Liposuction
Vaser Liposuction is one of the latest and the best technologies available that can effectively remove stubborn fat from your body. This procedure will get you a symmetrical waistline, get rid of your love handles, beautifully shape your thighs and buttocks, tone your abdomen, and help you achieve well-defined and shapely knees and calves.
- Six Packs Surgery
This surgery can instantly help you achieve a well-defined abdomen as well as a rock-solid 6-pack.
- Thigh and Buttock Reshaping
The thighs and buttocks are the regions that accumulate the largest fat deposits. Through targeted liposuction, that fat can be melted and later extracted using a tube, resulting in more shapely thighs and buttocks.
- Body Contouring
Body contouring is a procedure that does more than just simply reduce the fat from the body. It provides your body parts with aesthetically pleasing contours. For body contouring, one must have good skin elasticity and the weight of the individual should be stabilized. The results of this procedure can be permanent if the individual maintains a healthy lifestyle.
- Hourglass Figure Surgery
This surgery can help you achieve a proportionate figure in which your waist will be comparatively thinner than your chest and buttocks, resulting in a flawless hourglass figure.
Browse the video Can fat return after liposuction
Does the Fat Come Back after Liposuction?
The answer to the question is no, once the liposuction procedure is done, the body does not accumulate new fat cells over the treated area. However, this does not mean that there will not be any kind of fat deposits as the remaining fat cells can enlarge and lead to asymmetry. If the patient is inactive for quite a long time, it would be possible to gain weight in other areas of the body, which will impact the overall contouring effect of the liposuction procedure.
It should be noted that there are some tips that patients can follow to get the best outcomes from liposuction.
Tips to Maintain Liposuction Results
- Regular Exercise: A normal workout that includes 25-30 minutes of cardiovascular exercises done thrice a week is enough to maintain your body weight. This would burn enough calories for you that would not let the fat get deposited over your body.
- Eat a healthy diet: Nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining the overall health of your body. A patient who underwent a liposuction procedure should eat foods that have high roughage and fiber. Also, avoid junk foods that contain high amounts of fats.
- Adequate sleep: An average person should sleep 7-9 hours a day to recover and replenish energy to carry out daily routine activities. A sleep of more than 8-9 hours would generate fat in the long run and make you feel lethargic. You should ensure that your sleep is more quality oriented rather than quantity.
Why Should I Choose Divine Cosmetic Surgery?
We at Divine Cosmetic Surgery use the best that technology has to offer when it comes to treating our patients. We provide our customers with multiple aesthetic procedures that provide the best possible results.
Divine Surgery Clinic is headed by Dr. Amit Gupta, who is the best liposuction surgeon in Delhi and has an experience of over 20 years. He has made it his mission to help patients achieve their dream bodies and gain self-confidence, all across the globe. This is why Dr. Amit Gupta doesn’t just provide aesthetic procedures to his patients but also trains other cosmetic surgeons to help them perfect their skills.
At Divine Cosmetic Surgery, we pride ourselves on being India’s most trusted aesthetic clinic. We have years of experience and a great team of medical experts who are always working hard to provide our patients with the best experience.
Contact us today to see how we can help you achieve your dreams!
Patients should opt for Liposuction Surgery if they are not able to lose fat. However, fat does not return after the liposuction surgery but if you are physically inactive for a long time, the bloated look might reappear.